Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emma Watson Returning to College, Doing a Year at Oxford

Emma Watson Returning to College, Doing a Year at Oxford

Emma Watson may be the star of the movie with the biggest opening weekend in box office history -- but the Harry Potter actress has firm plans to continue her college education.

In a recent press conference, Watson made it clear that she has every intention to return to her studies, and -- despite rumors -- she has not dropped out of Brown University. Earlier reports implied that bullying forced the 21-year-old to leave the school, but Watson quickly shot down that talk. And now she's revealing her future education plans.

"I'm still enrolled at Brown," Watson said. "But I'm doing my third year abroad."

So, where is she headed?

Well, the stylish star will be on familiar ground as she tackles her junior year back home. "I'm going to Oxford in the fall to study English for a year," she revealed.

She then went on to say that she'll finish up her college career back in the U.S. -- and on time.

"I'll go back to the States to do my last year. I took a semester off, but my credits actually count as an advance, so I'm no further behind," she said. "I'm still technically going into my third year."

It's pretty amazing that Watson was able to juggle a huge acting career and be a full-time student at a prestigious university at the same time. Maybe a little of that Harry Potter magic has rubbed off on her!

See All of Our Harry Potter Coverage!

Tricia Helfer Tricia Vessey Trista Rehn Tyra Banks Uma Thurman

No comments:

Post a Comment