Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Angelina Jolie Jokes "Brad Thinks I'm Going to Be a Nightmare" Now That She's a Director

Angelina Jolie covers October 2011's Vanity Fair, which will be on newsstands nationwide on Sept. 6. Inside the magazine, Angelina posed for photos with daughters Vivienne and Zahara and spoke about her upcoming directorial and screenwriting debut In the Land of Blood and Honey. She revealed how she came to write and direct the picture and that Brad was helpful with constructive criticism. Angelina also touched on her family, saying she and Brad aren't expanding the Jolie-Pitt clan anytime soon. She said:

  • On rumors about her family: "I?m not pregnant. I?m not adopting at the moment."
  • On Brad's thoughts for her postdirecting future: ?Brad thinks I?m going to be a nightmare. . . . I had such a good experience he thinks I?m going to be impatient with directors, which I already am. I get impatient with people working on a film that have their head in their hands like it?s the most complicated thing in the world.?
  • On how she came to write the script: ?I had the flu. I had to be quarantined from the children for two days. I was in the attic of a house in France. I was isolated, pacing. I don?t watch TV and I wasn?t reading anything. So I started writing. I went from the beginning to the end. I didn?t know any other way. [She says she then let Brad take the script to read on a trip] He called and said, ?You know, honey, it?s not that bad.??
  • On Brad's constructive criticism: ?He?d come in and say what he liked or what he didn?t understand. Like any woman, I would listen to most of it and fight a few things. He?s been so supportive. But it?s hard to separate the person that loves you from the critic, so I don?t think he?s a fair judge.?

Photos courtesy Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott exclusively for Vanity Fair

View Slideshow ?

Monica Keena Monica Potter Monika Kramlik Moon Bloodgood Mýa

No comments:

Post a Comment