Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ciara Is 'Very Proud' Of Basic Instinct

'This is when the fun really starts to kick in and starts to get turned up,' CiCi says of releasing latest album.
By Mawuse Ziegbe, with reporting by James Lacsina


Ciara
Photo: Rick Diamond/ Getty Images

With her fourth album on shelves, there is one word that sums up what Ciara is feeling right now: pride.

The ATL princess' latest effort, Basic Instinct, landed on shelves Tuesday, and when MTV News caught up with the songstress, who was hanging out in the studio with hit architect Tricky Stewart, she was super amped that the album was available for mass consumption.

"I'm so excited. I'm very, very, very proud of this record, and I've always said out of all of my albums, this is the one that's most dedicated to my fans," she said of the collection of snappy, sultry jams that includes "Ride" and "Speechless."

The R&B star said the album's arrival is just the start of the good times, chatting about heading out on tour and shooting more videos.

"I told Tricky, I'm like, 'Releasing the record is the start of the process.' I'm just now starting my promos and just starting to get into the groove, and it's just really important that my fans get to hear the music," she said. "The journey is just beginning in my mind, that's how I feel. This is when the fun really starts to kick in and starts to get turned up."

While the "Gimmie Dat" hitmaker is brimming with pride, she's also keyed up about fans turning up the album and joining the fun.

"For me, I'm just really, really excited for my fans to have the record," she said. "I'm very, very, very, very happy with the way that it came out."

Are you feeling Ciara's latest album? Let us know in the comments!

Related Artists

Victoria Pratt Victoria Silvstedt Vinessa Shaw Virginie Ledoyen Vitamin C

No comments:

Post a Comment