Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lindsay Lohan: I'm "Enjoying" Community Service

Lindsay Lohan: I'm "Enjoying" Community Service

Lindsay Lohan never ceases to surprise: In her latest shocker, the troubled starlet has revealed that she is actually "enjoying" performing her court-ordered community service!

In a fun, candid interview with the Australian radio program The Kyle and Jackie O Show, Lohan opened up about her loyal friends, her feelings about Glee (which routinely bashes her), her "inappropriate" courtroom couture and her community service work -- which, it turns out, she loves.

Back in April, Lohan was ordered to complete 480 hours of community service, 360 of which would be served at Los Angeles' Downtown Women's Center. The community service was part of a sentence handed down for a probation violation stemming from her alleged theft of $2,500 necklace (Lohan pled "no contest" to the charge and was slapped with a 120-day jail sentence -- though that will likely turn into two weeks of house arrest). When the rambunctious Kyle and Jackie O asked her how serving her community was going, Lohan replied: "I'm enjoying it. I'm working in the Downtown Women's Shelter, and I think the second part I'm going to be working with kids, which I really like." Lohan adds that everyone at the shelter is "really nice."

And Lohan isn't just out to make her community a better place these days; she's also trying to make a difference on a global level. In the media firestorm surrounding Lohan's various scandals, her work combatting human trafficking (a cause she shares with Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher) has often gone unmentioned, something that Lohan complained about in the interview. In fact, Lohan even traveled to India to shoot a documentary about the problem of child trafficking, and says she looks forward to going back "when it is the right time."

Lohan wasn't quite as open when asked about her sexual orientation (she's famously had relationships with both men and women). She dodged thos queries, joking, "I'm available."

When asked about the dress she wore to her last court appearance, Lohan defended her choice: "I hadn't worn it, I still had the tag on it and she said it looked great so that was it. You wouldn't say that to a hooker coming into court, 'That's inappropriate.' That's all she has. I have great things to wear so it's not my fault! I love fashion, but I wasn't wearing that to court, I just wanted to go to court and get court over with because court scares me."

When Glee, a show that has lampooned Lohan on numerous occasions, came up in the conversation, Lindsay quickly said, "I don't watch Glee." But she was quick to add that she is friends with some of the cast members and that they all are "very talented." So would she would give the show permission to  her music? "Yeah, but they've made a lot of snarky remarks about me, and I don't know why. They don't need to do that."

More than anything, Lohan sounds eager to get back to work. Dispelling the rumors that she has become "uninsurable," Lohan said, "I think once I start filming, there's a few films I'm going to do, that's the best thing for me. I love being back on set. I had to learn, I'm not a kid so I had to grow up and be accountable."

We think this sounds hopeful, and we look forward to the Mean Girls star getting back to what she does best: acting. Next up is a role opposite John Travolta, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino in the mob drama Gotti: Three Generations. Sounds like a great start to us!

Jessica Alba Jessica Biel Jessica Cauffiel Jessica Paré Jessica Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment