Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brendan Fehr Talks Films & Fatherhood

With a second baby on the way any day now - his wife Jennifer Rowley is a week past her due date! - actor Brendan Fehr will soon have his hands full! The CSI star, who is already a very devoted dad to daughter James Olivia, talked to Celebrity Baby Scoop about his goals as a father, why he'll never call his baby "princess," and his new Lifetime movie, And Baby Will Fall premiering Sunday, January 23, 2011, at 8:00 pm ET/5:00 pm PT on Lifetime Movie Network.

CBS: You're getting ready to star in Lifetime's thriller And Baby Will Fall. Tell us about the movie and what drew you to the role.

BF: "The movie's based on a book called Never Tell a Lie. It's about a husband and wife who are expecting after suffering a number of miscarriages. The wife is about 8-9 months into the pregnancy and they're getting the room ready for the baby and getting ready for the arrival. There's a woman played by Clea Duvall who comes to their garage sale. She's a former classmate and then disappears shortly after. My character, David, becomes the prime suspect. He's the last person to have seen her. I've reached that point in my career where I'm given the opportunity to play married couples, a guy with a kid, a father and a husband. I'm all those things in real life now. Television has different standards, like you can play a high school student until you're 25. No one wants to see a 25-year old father even though you could easily be one. You just look too young. There are just these unwritten rules about what looks appropriate for what viewers want to see. So I'm getting up there in age where I'm getting the opportunities to play these roles and that's new to me. It's a challenge and it's fun to pull off that more mature family role. I've felt like I've been in between ages; too old to play high school but too young to play a family man. So I'm glad I've graduated to being able to play a husband or a man with some world experience. This movie also filmed in my hometown of Vancouver. So I had an opportunity to go back home which was great. I was also encouraged by the fact that they brought in Anastasia Griffith. I know that she's a solid actor and so I felt they were going for people that could pull off the role versus looking for a name to sell it."

Special Headline: 
CBS Exclusive
Top Story? (feature beneath menu): 
Upper Slideshow?

Missi Pyle Missy Peregrym Molly Sims Monet Mazur Monica Bellucci

No comments:

Post a Comment